Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pre-cleanse Day Two: The Clean Cleanse


Friday, July 19th:

I need to add something important from last night.  About 30-45 minutes before I went to bed I got a headache.  It wasn't terrible, but definitely bothered me since I don't get headaches.  I didn't take anything, but just decided to go to bed.

Today I started my day with leftover almond flour pancakes with fresh blueberries.  I enjoyed them yesterday because not only were they tasty, but also very filling.  I ate them around 9:00am.  I ate one granny smith apple for a snack mid-morning and then ate lunch around 12:45pm. For lunch I also had leftovers, I ate a leftover Asian Turkey Burger.  I had raw almonds and fresh cherries as well.  Sorry to bore you with the repeats, but I will not be cooking everyday!  

I got a headache after lunch, maybe sometime around 3:00pm.  I decided to drink some green tea and it actually helped.  I drank it hot and plain.  No additional headaches the rest of the day/night.  I will probably make a large pot of it tomorrow and keep it in the fridge.  Tastes great with stevia and fresh lemon over ice.

I got really hungry after work and felt like quitting.  I ate a gala apple and felt fine until dinner :)

For dinner I went to Whole Foods and got a pre-made chicken breast, broccoli, peas, and brown rice.  I did not feel like another turkey burger or tuna fish!  The dinner was great and I'm feeling good!  Best part of my cleanse today was discovering Brown Rice Tortillas at Trader Joe's!  I spoke to Debbie at Clean Cleanse this morning and she recommended I try the tortillas. I made the tortilla chips tonight in the oven, sprayed them with olive oil and topped with sea salt...Ahhhhh-mazing!  I can't wait to make the cleanse guacamole to pair with them.  This is going to make this entire process A LOT more bearable, trust me!  Also, Debbie was very helpful today.  I called her this morning and emailed her a few times late afternoon.  She was very patient, knowledgeable and answered all my questions.  Great customer service and support, I was very impressed.

Brown Rice Tortilla chips, my lifeline!  


Day two of the pre-cleanse took a turn for the best.  Guacamole here I come!  I have a wedding shower to attend tomorrow which might be tough....wish me luck!



Signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment