Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pre-cleanse Day One: The Clean Cleanse


Thursday, July 18th:

Let me start this the right way.  This is actually embarrassing for me because I honestly only share this information with close friends.  My starting weight before this cleanse is 138 pounds.  This is heavy for me.  I joined Weight Watchers in September 2012 with a start weight of 137 pounds.  I lost 13 lbs during that diet and since then I have gained it all back plus one!  My ideal and happy weight is 120 as I am 5'3".  I want to be extremely candid during this experience not only because I want to document this journey as my diary, but I truly want to share this with my friends.

The Clean Cleanse is suppose to "reset your body the right way". I don't want to fluff this up or make you all think it's something it's not.  I'm overweight right now and trying to get control before I get out of control.  I am not expecting to lose a ton of weight during this cleanse, but my goal is truly to reset my body and rid it of toxins.  Once that is done I am hoping it will jump start me into a healthier life style.  Maybe even returning to Weight Watchers as that was a successful and pleasant diet for me.

Today I am starting my three day pre-cleanse before I start my actual 21 day Clean Cleanse.  The pre-cleanse consists of eating three meals a day from approved "Clean Cleanse" foods.  By doing this you don't throw your body into a full tail spin, you actually ease it into the full cleanse.  During this full cleanse process I cut out all gluten, dairy, sugar and alcohol.  The cleanse consists of three pre-cleanse days, 21 day cleanse and a seven day re-introduction (which I'm most excited about).  During the re-introduction phase I introduction gluten and dairy back into my diet separately to determine if they are "toxic triggers" for me.  Toxic Triggers are food products that really cause my body to go out of whack.

Last night after I stuffed myself with wine and Mexican food I went grocery shopping!  Phew, that was exhausting.  It was a few hours of research, too much money and prep time afterwards.  I spent hours researching approved foods, recipes, and really trying to learn why I have to eliminate certain foods.  For instance, strawberries and bananas?   I eat a banana everyday!  Other than wine I think this is the most disappointing thing I'm going to give up!  I just love bananas!

This is me with my cleanser binder at checkout. 

So at the grocery store I bought all kinds of new, expensive items.  Who knew almond flour was so expensive!  $10 for a normal size bag?!  Seriously?  Moving on....  I also bought coconut oil, unsweetened almond milk, almond butter, etc. just all these things I've never purchased!  I also bought apples, cherries, celery, blueberries, onions, scallions, tuna fish in water, chicken, ground turkey, the list goes on and on.

After I got home from the store I began to prep.  I decided for my lunch I would prepare tuna fish and serve it over lettuce.  I made tuna fish that included celery, red onion, stone ground mustard, dill, salt and pepper and of course tuna fish.  Also with my lunch I had some raw almonds and fresh cherries.  It turned out really delicious!  This would be a great recipe to make cleanse or not.  I made almond flour pancakes with fresh blueberries for breakfast.  Very delicious and filling.

Pancakes on the left and tuna fish on the right.

For dinner I prepared pickled vegetables with an Asian turkey burger.  I served it over lettuce.  Turned out quite scrumptious!  It was really easy to make, simple flavors and seriously so good.  I am going to add this to my normal book of recipes.  Even David enjoyed it!

Asian Turkey Burgers

Throughout the day I drank a ton of water and overall wasn't hungry.  I had zero caffeine and all I drank was water.  I had one snack during the day and that was a gala apple.  Day one turned out much better than I thought!  Please feel free to ask me any questions.  If you'd like any of the recipes featured today you can email me at alicialeighalonso@gmail.com.


Signing out.

2 comments:

  1. I am very interested to see how this works out for you! I will be following closely and probably emailing you after the fact for all the recipes! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I just love your blog! Thanks for the mention and you are doing super! xox deb from Clean

    ReplyDelete