Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Clean Cleanse: Reintroduction


I finished my 21 days of shakes.  I felt great and I was down a total of 8lbs!  Not too bad considering I have not worked out (toe injury).  I'm glad I went through this journey and will most likely do it again down the road.  The two best results are obviously the weight loss and my digestive system.  My body is working better and that of course makes me feel better.  I also think my skin overall looks healthier.

Sunday, August 11th was my first day off of the actual cleanse.  On Sunday and Monday I reintroduced gluten back into my diet.  I am happy to say I do NOT have a gluten allergy!  HOORAY, YIPPIE, bagels and pasta will still be my best friends!  Speaking of bagels and pasta, I had both.  Sunday morning I have a plain bagel, well plain.  I was going to put almond butter on it, but I forgot my almond butter at work (FAIL).  For lunch I had a half of a sandwich and salad.  For dinner I have chicken, cauliflower and a small slice of toast with olive oil.  Then went to see my new favorite band, The Wind + The Wave.  SO GOOD, check them out here.



  The Wind + The Wave!

On Monday, I had two slices of toast with almond butter for breakfast and an apple.  For lunch I had a mini sub from Jersey Mike's with turkey, lettuce, spicy brown mustard, red vinegar, onions served on wheat bread (extra bread scooped out).  It was delish!  For dinner David and I ate with two of our good friends, Mike and Beth.  We went to an Italian restaurant.  I treated myself to one glass of red wine!  It was such a nice treat!  I'm done with the cleanse and not allergic to gluten so it just felt right.  Big bonus, I'm NOT allergic to red wine!!! BEST NEWS EVER!  I also had pasta with grilled chicken, olive oil, arugula and garlic.  Very good!  

So today is Tuesday and I started to eat from the clean cleanse approved foods list only.  I will do this tomorrow as well to "reset" my body.  Starting Thursday I will introduce dairy and see how my body reacts.  I have a feeling I might not be as lucky as I was with the gluten!  I will update you all.

Signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment