Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Deuces

Hello, yo.

As many of you know I recently started working for Hertz. I've only been with Hertz for a short period of time, but during this time I have seen and met some very interesting people. Dealing with customers is a new experience for me and it is very entertaining to say the least.

My favorite thing about Hertz is working with my friend, Nedra. Nedra is a transporter for Hertz. She picks customers up at various places, takes care of cleaning the vehicles, puts gas in them, etc. Nedra is from New Orleans and she don't play. Nedra has graduated from culinary school and is an overall bad ass black woman.


NEDRA (Chuckin the Deuce)

My first day at Hertz Nedra informed me in her deep NOLA accent this:


Nedra: Now Miss Licia, here at Hertz we a family. Everybody in the family get along, except we got this cousin. Now, we don't invite this cousin to the family reunion if ya know what I mean.


Nedra has my back and tells me how it is, no bullshit.


So at hertz we take our vehicles to a certain gas station nearby to run them through the car wash. At this gas station are my other two friends, Crystal and Nikita. Crystal and Nedra are dating and Nikita is a friend of theirs that works at the Circle K. They are trying to blackify me out, but little do they know I already have some ghetto in me!


NIKITA (Chuckin the deuce)

The other day I was inside the store and Nikita (she calls me Lee-Lee) said to me:


Nikita: Lee-Lee, now if yo man gets in a fight, you gotta back him up. If the other man has a bitch, you gotta fight her.


Me: "I don't fight, I don't argue, I just hit that bitch wit a bottle. Call ya clique, don't bother, I just hit that bitch with a bottle. Say WHAT! Count em, 1 heffer, 2 heffer, 3 heffer, 4, hit dat bitch wit da bottle, watch her head hit da flooo." (SB2K5 shout out)

Nedra: What the hell! Where you hear that?!?!


MISS B (Chuckin the deuce)



I bust out my best MISS B rap you know. A few days ago I walk in the store and Nikita is working. I am wearing all black, like a black sweater and black dress. I walk in and she says:


Nikita: Lee-Lee! You look like a caper!


Me: A what?


Nikita: A caper! You dressed in all black!


Me: What is a caper?


Nikita: You know, dressed all in black, lookin like you gonna come rob me and shit!


Urban dictionary defines a caper as 1) Older slang defining some sort of shady activity; usually illegal. Shenanigans.; 2) To commit an act of robbery.; 3) a person proud to be from the Island of Cape Brenton Canada. I'm thinking she was rolling with definition #2.


I also get all the free coke icees and coffee I want from Nikita and Crystal! Got the hookup, whhhaattttt! When I see a hater, I chuck dem deuces. Learnin all kind of new shit up in hur. Respek.


That Cuban Girl (Left, Chuckin the Deuce in 1994 with Locke and Trisha)


Thank you, BYE or should I say Peace. Chuckin the deuce.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you like it! I wish you could see Nikita and I rap in the mornings...

    ReplyDelete